November 27th, 2013
Over the last several weeks, we have offered several Energy Efficient Winter Heating Alternatives. In our blog “The Benefits of Electric Fireplaces,” we learned that these fireplaces allow homeowners to save a lot of money, be a lot warmer, and pay a lot less in energy. Similarly, in our blog “What are the Benefits of Pellet Stoves?” we learned that pellet stoves are energy efficient, easy to operate heating sources that uses a renewable fuel. Wood pellets are made from the limbs and tops of trees and the part of the trees called pulp.
Today, we are going to explore another energy efficient winter heating alternative, Wood Burning Stoves. With a variety of venting options, a stove is the ideal room accessory to add warmth, energy efficiency and ambience to nearly any room in the house.
The Benefits of Wood Burning Stoves
- Energy Efficiency: Wood burning stoves provide an inexpensive, energy efficient heating alternative to costly furnaces. With wood fuel inexpensive, readily available and easy to store outside, wood stoves are an efficient way to warm any room.
- Beauty: Wood-burning stoves offer classic beauty and warmth to any home. Unlike your furnace, which hides in your basement, a wood burning stove is the focal point of a room, providing not only warmth, but also aesthetic appeal.
- Carbon Footprint: Wood burning stoves use a renewable fuel: wood! Plus, every new tree we plant absorbs exactly as much CO2 as is released by burning wood. That’s what we like to call a win-win.
- Future Proof: While furnace technology continues to improve, making your furnace obsolete, wood burning stoves are future proof.
- And so much more!
Wood Burning Stoves from Ace
If you are looking for a clean-burning, energy efficient way to heat any room in your home, consider having a wood burning stove installed by Ace. With styles to fit any decor, you’re sure to find a stove that is perfect for you.
If you have any questions about Wood Burning Stoves, please visit AceHardwareAndHearth.com today! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
November 20th, 2013
As we noted last week in our blog post, “The Benefits of Electric Fireplaces,” winter is right around the corner, which means high heating bills. But it doesn’t have to. Instead of cranky up that furnace and watching your money fly out the window, invest in a more energy efficient heating source, like an electric fireplace or, the topic of this week’s blog, a Pellet Stove.
What are the Benefits of Pellet Stoves?
- Energy Efficient: First and foremost, pellet stoves are energy efficient, helping you save money throughout the cold Maryland winter.
- Renewable Source of Heat: Wood pellets are made from the limbs and tops of trees and the part of the trees called pulp. These are leftover parts of the trees that lumber mills do not use.
- Easy to Operate: Pellet stoves could not be much easier to operate. All you have to do is load your pellet stove with fuel, typically once or twice a day, and turn it on. The stove does the rest.
- Easy to Clean: There is very little ash buildup and thus very little cleaning needed.
- Smoke Free: Pellet stoves don’t produce smoke. Period.
- Heat Safe: Pellet stoves do not produce external heat while operating, meaning you can place them close to walls and other items without having to worry about fire hazards.
Pellet Stoves from Ace
If you are looking for a clean-burning, energy efficient way to heat any room in your home, consider having a pellet stove installed by Ace. Pellet stoves come in a wide range of styles from ultra-contemporary to turn-back-time classic.
Fuel your pellet stove with hearth fuel from Ace.
If you have any questions about The Benefits of Pellet Stoves, please visit AceHardwareAndHearth.com today! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
November 15th, 2013
Fall is in full swing, which means winter is right around the corner. The temperature has noticeably dropped and homeowners everywhere are caving in and turning on their furnaces. And while this will help make your home much more livable, it will make your wallet much lighter in the process. Skyrocketing utility bills are a homeowner’s worst nightmare. If only there was an energy efficient way to heat your home. Oh wait, there is…
The Benefits of Electric Fireplaces
- The number one benefit of electric fireplaces is, you guessed it, Energy Efficiency. While traditional fireplaces lose as much as 75% of the heat they produce right up and out of the chimney, electric fireplaces waste little to no energy. Your wallet will thank you.
- Electric fireplaces are also incredibly User Friendly and Easy to Use. So stop chopping wood and look into this electric alternative.
- When it comes to these fireplaces, Installation is Minimal. An electric fireplace is a hassle-free solution with an easy installation process.
- Electric Fireplaces are also more Environmentally Friendly than their wood-burning and gas counterparts. Just clean electricity.
Save a lot of money, be a lot warmer, pay a lot less in energy and enjoy the family gathered around a warm hearth watching TV, eating a snack or just re-connecting.
Electric Fireplaces in Maryland
Ace Hardware & Hearth (Glen Burnie and Pasadena) and Ace Home & Leisure in Edgewater have been selling and servicing hearth appliances since 1978. Our showrooms are filled with as many as 30 different units on display, featuring models like the highly popular Amish fireplace – Heat Surge, Dimplex, Heat & Glo and Heatilator. Where else can you find that type of selection in Maryland?
Best of all, Ace is an expert installer of fireplaces, stoves and inserts in Maryland.
If you have any questions about The Benefits of Electric Fireplaces, please visit AceHardwareAndHearth.com today! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
November 10th, 2013
Sitting by the fire with your family and a cup of cocoa in the cold wintery months is one of the most relaxing things you can do. For many it brings back memories of childhood and holidays. Though the fireplace can make you feel happy and cozy, it can also be wasting a good deal of money and not keeping your home as warm as you would like.
Wood burning metal as well as masonry fireplaces can allow as much as 75% of the heat produced to go straight up and out your chimney. All the money you’ve spent on seasoned wood to keep your home feeling warm and cozy could be going up in smoke – literally. This is because the damper has to be all the way open, allowing for all of the heat from your seasoned wood to go right out the chimney. The best solutions to this problem are the three following types of inserts.
- Wood pellet fuel – dried and compressed sawdust
- Cord wood – logs, essentially
- Gas – Natural or propane
Inserts don’t work the same way as gas logs. Instead, they slide into the opening of the fireplace and minimize the cold air that comes down the chimney when you’re not using your fireplace. Generally these inserts also have plain or decorative panels that will surround the opening of the firebox to give you aesthetic appeal to go with the new warmth that you’ve added to your home through the use of the inserts.
Inserts will allow you to save money, make your fireplace more useful, and give you a place to gather and enjoy the cozy warmth of a fire this winter. Keep your family unit together by spending time reconnecting at the hearth!
Ace Hardware has been selling and servicing hearth appliances since 1978 and has up to 30 units on display. When you’re ready to turn your fireplace into the warm, wonderful winter centerpiece that it promises to be, come visit Ace Hardware. We can help you find what best suits you and keep you warm this winter.
If you have any questions about Inserts for Your Fireplace or Stove, our experts are here to help. Please visit AceHardwareAndHearth.com today! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.